Dive Accident Responder Course
March 2, 2024 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Would you know what to do if you were involved in a diving incident? Have you ever seen or experienced being inside a hyperbaric chamber? This 1 day course will provide you with the opportunity to learn how to manage an incident and what to expect if you are involved in one.
Practical Training: Basic Life Support (BLS) with emphasis on dealing with a diving casualty and oxygen administration.
Lectures: on Decompression Illness (DCI) – avoiding it, recognising it, dealing with it and real life case studies of diving accidents.
Sea Survival Scenarios: Presentations by one or more of the following: RNLI, Coastguard, Search & Rescue.
Chamber Orientation: Take a look inside a hyperbaric chamber, see how it is ‘driven’ by our experienced Chamber Operators and participate in a 40m chamber dive to experience it for yourself. Participation in the dive is not compulsory, please select the appropriate check-box on the Registration Form. If you do not wish to take part in the dive, you are still very welcome to experience it from the Dive Control perspective, which will also provide excellent insight into mechanics of the dive.
There will be free parking on site for the day. Please ensure you register your vehicle at Reception on arrival.
Dress code for the day is casual, although please ensure you wear appropriate attire for practical sessions and you adhere to the clothing requirements for the chamber dive (see below).
A buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day will be provided.
Please note that dive computers are NOT allowed in the chamber.
- No diving or flying should have taken place for 18 hours prior to attending the course.
- There must be a surface interval of at least 18 hours following the chamber dive.
- You should not fly for a minimum of 24 hours following the chamber dive.
- Please wear clean non-synthetic clothing, with a minimum of 80% cotton for the chamber dive.
- Please note that perfume, make-up, hair spray, aftershave and deodorant should not be worn for the chamber dive.
- If you have any queries or concerns regarding the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A DDRC certificate of Attendance will be issued.
No pre-requisites are required.
Suitable for persons 18 years and older.