Medical and Hyperbaric Training
We offer a wide range of accredited and non-accredited medical training courses. Schedule courses can be viewed and booked online. Or we can provide a flexible approach to creating bespoke learning packages, meeting the needs of our customers around the world.
Courses are provided by DDRC Professional Services, a not-for-profit trading subsidiary of the charity DDRC Healthcare, based in Plymouth (UK).
We are best known for delivering IMCA Diver Medic Technician (DMT), IMCA DMT Refresher, Hyperbaric Physician (DMAC), Hyperbaric Chamber Operator and HSE Offshore (Rig) Medic training courses. Did you know that we also offer a wide range of MCA STCW medical and first aid courses for anyone going to sea – from Captains of a commercial vessel, to a day tripping recreational sailor?
Other specialist medical courses include Thrombolysis, Catheterisation and Cannulation, First Response Emergency Care (FREC), Medical Emergency Response Training (MERT), Oxygen Administration, ‘PEG’ feeding and various First Aid courses.
Who Are Our Clients?
The majority of our clients work in the diving, offshore, maritime and medical sectors. In addition we work with emergency services and armed services personnel, close protection security workers, social care and health care professionals. Recently, we have trained a number of expedition groups and television production crews, heading off around the globe.
We pride ourselves on listening to our clients’ requirements and providing cost effective, high quality training solutions. Below you can find a list of a selection of our previous clients.
Why Choose DDRC Training Courses?
From customer feedback we know that companies and individual students chose us for their medical training courses because of:
- Extensive knowledge, experience and commitment of our trainers
- Practical, hands-on, activities based learning approach
- Superb access to facilities and equipment
- Excellent value for money
When booking, please see our DDRC Healthcare Terms and Conditions
Aside from a comprehensive range of medical training courses, we also offer other services (talk to us about your needs):
- Industry standard occupational medicals for divers, offshore workers and those working at sea.
- Consultancy services using our range of specialist skills, expertise and facilities.
- A Diving Emergency Medical Advice service for the commercial diving industry.
- Equipment testing under pressure in our hyperbaric chambers.
Our client base is very wide and varied, but includes:
- UK and overseas commercial offshore and diving companies
- UK Ministry of Defence
- UK healthcare and social care industries
- Emergency services workers
- Diving and Hyperbaric Physicians worldwide
- Overseas Government, military and private industry
- Super-yachts and Mega-yachts worldwide
- Hyperbaric nurses and chamber operatives
- Television production companies
- Expedition teams
- Anyone planning on going to sea for work or pleasure, for a day trip or months away.
As an organisation we have great credentials and hold a large number of accreditations, including:
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA)
- European Baromedical Association (EBAss)
- Association of Diving Contractors (ADC)
- Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Board of Diving & Hyperbaric Medicine Technology (NBDHMT)
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
- ISO 9001:2015 (ISQAR)
- European College of Baromedicine (ECB)
- Qualsafe Awards (QA)