HSE: Covid-19 Guidance on Medical Assessments for Commercial Divers (inc Advice for AMED’s)
Other information: HSE:Cleaning of diving equipment
As the situation with Coronavirus (Covid-19) develops, and with the progressive introduction of new government directives, DDRC Professional Services is in the process of cancelling courses until the end of April 2020. Courses after this period will be subject to review. We are closely monitoring the situation and can assure our past, present and future customers that normal service will recommence as soon as possible.
The breadth of courses are still available for viewing but currently we cannot take bookings. Please keep an eye on this page, Facebook & Twitter @DDRC Plymouth for updates on this as time goes on.
We understand that for many people your current certification will be due to expire (or has already expired) which is clearly a cause for concern. We at DDRC have been working with the agencies to inform their strategy of mitigation, and each agency has taken a broadly similar approach by offering an extension of expiry dates in the short term.
If you require assistance with your re-certification or have any other queries please email [email protected] and we will reply to your email at the earliest opportunity.
Statement from the HSE: All training providers have received the following information from the HSE: If requalification training is prevented for reasons associated directly with coronavirus or by complying with related government advice, it is reasonable and practical to extend the validity of current certificates by up to 3 months. Anyone taking advantage of this extension should be able to describe clearly their reasons for delaying requalification training, and demonstrate steps they have taken to undertake the training, if required.This guidance comes into effect for certificates expiring on or after 16th March 2020. HSE will review this matter over the coming months and will issue further statements as necessary.
Aside from a comprehensive range of medical training courses, we also offer other services (talk to us about your needs):
- Industry standard occupational medicals for divers, offshore workers and those working at sea.
- Consultancy services using our range of specialist skills, expertise and facilities.
- A Diving Emergency Medical Advice service for the commercial diving industry.
- Equipment testing under pressure in our hyperbaric chambers.
Our client base is very wide and varied, but includes:
- UK and overseas commercial offshore and diving companies
- UK Ministry of Defence
- UK healthcare and social care industries
- Emergency services workers
- Diving and Hyperbaric Physicians worldwide
- Overseas Government, military and private industry
- Super-yachts and Mega-yachts worldwide
- Hyperbaric nurses and chamber operatives
- Television production companies
- Expedition teams
- Anyone planning on going to sea for work or pleasure, for a day trip or months away.
As an organisation we have great credentials and hold a large number of accreditations, including:
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA)
- European Baromedical Association (EBAss)
- Association of Diving Contractors (ADC)
- Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- National Board of Diving & Hyperbaric Medicine Technology (NBDHMT)
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
- ISO 9001:2015 (ISQAR)
- European College of Baromedicine (ECB)
- Qualsafe Awards (QA)