THANK YOU to everyone who supports us. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity. We value every gift, donation or support given.
Did you know that DDRC Healthcare is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity(no.279652) and we have been working hard since 1980 to achieve our charitable aims linked to Treatment, Education and Research.
Our two trading subsidiaries DDRC Professional Services and DDRC Medical Services do generate income with any profit going into the charity. However we cannot do those extra things that makes DDRC so special without the kindness of our fundraisers which helps us to improve the patient experience and support the diving community.
Aren’t you funded by the NHS? We are only funded by the NHS to provide an emergency service for patients with a limited number of specific conditions and, as with all NHS funding, this is under constant review.
How do donations support the work we do?
- Fitness to Dive Telephone Consultations….giving the diving community the opportunity to discuss medical issues or concerns they may have to enable them to prepare for a diver medical. This advice enables divers to speak directly with our diving physicians through a bookable consultation. This is not funded by the NHS and is supported by a small contribution and charitable monies.
- Medical equipment…Due to your support we have been able to update some vital pieces of equipment including a new heart monitor, ventilator and syringe drivers. This enables us to continue to work at the highest level and to treat patients who may require intensive care support. Our patient care is delivered by a highly-skilled, multi-disciplinary team of hyperbaric doctors, nurses and chamber staff.
- Treatment….The NHS have cut back on funds for our elective (non-emergency) treatments therefore it may become necessary for us to support some treatments for conditions that the NHS will no longer pay for. (Consultant referral required.)
- Patient accommodation….some of our patients have to attend from far afield. To enable them to have their treatment the DDRC charity pays for accommodation during the week they are attending.
- Education & Training… we try to fund our doctors and nurses to attend conferences, workshops and training courses to keep them at the forefront of knowledge
- Research…wound healing in soft tissues and bones – trying to understand the fundamentals of what high level oxygen is doing in cells and tissues and how we can maximise effectiveness and minimise treatment times. We are also working with Exeter Medical School, the University of Plymouth and University Marjon PhD research students.
- Physical improvements…donations enable us to update and improve patient areas such as the assessment areas and changing rooms
It’s Fun to Fundraise…
here are a few ideas how you can help. Thank you
- Donate online via http://www.justgiving.com/ddrc/Donate
- Have fun with friends, family or members of your club/group, raising money. Run, swim, dive, sit in a bath of baked beans – whatever takes your fancy!!! #DoIt4DDRC
- Leave us a legacy in your will. If you want to do this, take advice from your solicitor and ensure we know what your wishes are.
- Become a regular giver via direct debit. We kindly request a minimum donation of £25 annually or £5 per month.
- Ask a company to nominate us as their ‘Charity of the Year’ or hold a corporate fundraising event.
Shop online via GiveAsYouLive
Do you shop online? Most of us do! Thousands of your usual stores will donate money to us, at NO COST TO YOU, if you shop via www.giveasyoulive.com
To make sure you don’t forget download the GiveAsYouLive toolbar.
Share Your Story
Words are powerful. If you have a positive experience with us we would love to hear about it. If you are happy to do so, we would love to be able to share your words with others too. People like to hear about the experiences of others, so if you are prepared to provide a quote, a testimonial or feature as a case study, we would be very grateful.
You can also help by spreading the word to others about the work of DDRC Healthcare, information on diver safety and about hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
You could participate in our research studies or attend a Talk & Tour or Chamber Dive to extend your knowledge about our work.
Please get in touch. We’d love to help.
If you want to share your story, but you aren’t sure what exactly to say, our Communications Manager, Kathryn Epps, will be happy to work with you.