Recreation Diver Medicals Telephone Consultation booking
A Recreational Diver Medical is available to UK SCUBA recreational divers only.
Please follow this process:
- Book your diving doctor 'Fitness to Dive' telephone consultation below. This 'Fitness to Dive' advice is not funded by the NHS. DDRC is a charity and we subsidise this service, but ask for a £10 contribution.
- You will then receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to proceed and you will need to have completed this Self Declaration Medical Form ahead of your consultation appointment.
- Once you have had your telephone consultation you will either be signed off remotely by one of our diving doctors or be informed that you will require a face to face Recreational Diver Medical and the process for booking this.
- If after your telephone consultation the Doctor is able to sign you off remotely, then there is a £20 fee for completing the forms.
- If you are aged over 60, or have a significant medical condition including asthma, high blood pressure, heart problems and diabetes follow the process above BUT you will require an in-person sports diver medical. (If you do not wish to come to DDRC in Plymouth for this, then you may find a diving doctor closer to you via the following link: www.ukdmc.org/medical-referees).
- We are NOT able to give advice or sign medical forms for free-diving.
- There is also a lot lot of information on our 'Can I Dive With?' page that looks at diving with certain conditions/medications etc.