The Offshore Medic Refresher course is required every three years and includes training and assessment in CPR, first aid, AED, oxygen administration and intravenous/osseous techniques.
The HSE Offshore Medic Blended Refresher course allows the initial learning to be completed via distance learning over 2-3 months, followed by one week attendance at DDRC.
Students complete distance learning modules supported by a tutor, followed by an assessment after each module.
Students will need to complete three assignments prior to attending the 5 day practical module in Plymouth. These assignments should be returned at least one week prior to the course.
A pass mark of 75% in all modules is required prior to entry onto the practical week. An initial assessment will take place on the first day of the attendance course.
- HSE Offshore Medic certificate
- HSE Offshore First Aid certificate
- DDRC Certificate of Attendance: Oral examination on Offshore Medicine by Physician
- DDRC Certificate of Attendance: Thrombolysis
- DDRC Certificate of Attendance: Diving Injuries
Students must already hold the HSE Offshore Medic Certification.