No events to show
The Chamber Operator course is designed to introduce participants to the design, function and operation of hyperbaric chambers. It will enable individuals to safely operate chambers for therapeutic treatments and research purposes. The standard course duration is 5 days but each course is individually tailored to meet client requirements including international accreditation. Prices of Chamber Operator courses start from £840.00 (including VAT). Please express your interest and give details of your requirements so that we can personalise and quote accurately to your specification.
Each student will become fully conversant with the theory and practicalities of chamber operation.
- Understanding the design and function of hyperbaric chambers
- Multiplace chambers
- Monoplace chambers
- Small chambers based on board vessels
- Portable rescue chambers
- Theory and practice of chamber operation
- Chamber safety
- Scenario training
For courses conducted at client premises an audit of the chamber facilities is provided prior to commencement of the course.
Core Modules: Hyperbaric Chamber Operator
- Hyperbaric physics and physiology
- Roles and responsibilities including legislation
- Fire safety from design to risk assessment
- Design and function of chambers including fittings, connections, transfer locks, sanitary systems and viewports
- Effective communications
- Environmental control
- CCTV, audio and gas monitoring
- Supervision of chamber operations
- Emergency and unplanned events
- Treatment tables and protocols
- Design and use of checklists
- Recording chamber and patient information
- Conditions that benefit from hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- DDRC Professional Services
- European Baromedical Association (EBAss)
- National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
DDRC Professional Services is committed to the delivery of high quality training and support to our clients. We pride ourselves on listening to our client’s requirements and providing cost effective, high quality solutions tailored to client needs. DDRC Professional Services operates to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System. The procedures employed conform to client and company requirements and ensure the health, safety and welfare of all clients, preventing exposure to unacceptable risk.
Chamber staff are usually from a variety of different backgrounds, including skilled technicians from other industries, qualified nurses, divers and some specially trained for the role.
Any enquiries concerning Hyperbaric Training will be welcomed. Courses can be designed around your own requirements.