IMCA Diver Medic Technician Refresher Bangkok (DMTBKR) (Face-to-Face)
No events to show
The Diver Medic Technician course trains participants to administer advanced medical aid and life support skills for the management and treatment of diving casualties while at pressure and during saturation diving operations. The 5 day refresher course is open to those who already hold a valid DMT Certificate and enables renewal in line with IMCA's requirements for re-certification every 2 years.
- Familiarity with diving procedures and compression chamber operation
- Administration of advanced first aid and life support.
- Communication with the company doctor and execution of directions pending the arrival of more skilled medical aid.
- Assistance of the diving supervisor with decompression procedures and advising when medical assistance is required.
- Taking a medical history - measurement of vital signs
- Resuscitation & Administration of oxygen
- Trauma management
- Gas and fume exposure
- Management of diving illness
- Nitrogen narcosis
- Oxygen toxicity
- Blast injury
- High pressure nervous syndrome
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Hazards from medications and medical equipment
- Under pressure
- Advanced airway management
- Use of clean and sterile techniques
- Assistance in advanced airway management
- Setting up intravenous fluid infusions
- Assistance in the insertion of pleural drains
- Insertion of urinary catheter
- Suturing and parenteral administration of drugs
- Methods of casualty transfer
- IMCA (International Marine Contractors Association)
- DDRC - DMT for non-IMCA/recreational divers
Anyone can attend the course as a student, irrespective of background and qualifications.
However, in order to obtain an IMCA DMT, please note that students must:
- hold an offshore qualification in diving. This can be an LST, diving supervisor, or diver qualification recognised by IMCA (which is at an offshore grade)
A medical certificate is no longer required in order to attend the course and obtain an IMCA DMT certificate.
Duration and Recertification
- Courses are delivered over 5 days (Monday - Friday).
- All DMT certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue.
- A 5-day refresher course must be completed every two years. These can be attended up to 3 months prior to, or 8 weeks after the renewal date.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide a negative RT-PCR Test within 72 hours of arrival at the Royal Thai Navy Hospital.
This test is available at the Royal Thai Navy Hospital at a reduced cost of 1,200 Baht.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries or to book a test.