There are currently no dates for this event.
Register your interest now
The Medical Emergency Response Training (MERT) course is designed for workplace teams to deal with serious and multiple accidents, ensuring a safe working environment and appropriate medical response.
The course integrates the site’s specific equipment and supplies (eg brand of AED) into the course. and teaches how to attend and document an incident, in addition to standard CPR/First Aid training.
- Response to medical emergencies and provision of life support designed for teams within the workplace
- Prevention of deterioration and promotion of recovery of injured personnel within HSE guidelines
- Acting in a safe and efficient manner, as an individual and as a team member
- Plan and prepare for multiple casualty treatment and evacuation
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- Casualty movement
- Choking (adult)
- CPR (adult)
- Head injuries
- Low blood sugar
- Spinal injuries
- Seizures (adult)
- Unconscious casualty
- Allergic reaction
- Secondary survey
- Primary survey
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Eye injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Scene safety
- Team approach
- Risk assessment
- Chest pains (including heart attack)
An in date First Aid or MCA equivalent Certificate and a request from the company wanting the MERT training.
- 2 days, Mon - Fri, 08.30 – 17.00
- DDRC Certification