This one day taster course with CPD from the Faculty of Occupational Medicine is ideal for any doctor or medical student wanting to gain an insight into Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. It offers practising doctors an overview of diving & hyperbaric medicine, the diagnosis and management of the hyperbaric medicine patient, fitness to dive criteria, diving accident recognition and management, as well as hyperbaric facility operations with the opportunity to experience a ‘dry dive’. Students use promotional code TASTER to book at the reduced price. This is subject to production of a valid NUS card upon arrival at the venue.
The day will include seminars, presentations and practical experience in:
- Physics and Physiology of Diving and Hyperbaric medicine
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Research at DDRC Healthcare
- Fitness to Dive
- Decompression Illness
- Diving in Remote Places
- Recompression Chamber Dive (35-40m)
- 1 day, 0830 - 1700
- DDRC Certificate of Attendance
- 6.5 CPD credits (Faculty of Occupational Medicine)
Medical Degree or students currently studying at medical school.