This 2 day course (with completion of online RCSEd module) is aimed at any doctor with an interest in diving medicine in the UK or abroad, as well as being one of the required qualifications for becoming a HSE Approved Medical Examiner of Divers (AMED). Please note this course is delivered in English.
More information on becoming an HSE AMED please see http://www.hse.gov.uk/diving/amedsapproval.htm
Core Modules: Medical examination of divers
- Diving physics and physiology
- Safety in hyperbaric chambers
- Chamber and diving equipment
- Decompression illness (DCI)
- Fitness to dive regulations and standards (recreational and commercial) for divers and tunnellers
- Fitness to dive discussion and case histories
- Fitness to dive practical assessments and techniques including skills stations
- Fitness to dive after DCI
- Medications under pressure
- Practical training under pressure (pool/chamber)
- Funding, resources and support societies
- Clinical governance and risk assessment
- Management responsibilities
Students who complete the RCSEd (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh) Online Diving Medicine module prior to attending can complete the course in 2 days. The RCSEd module (100 hours) maximises understanding of diving medicine and the relationship to fitness to dive.
- Faculty of Occupational Medicine CPD points - 13.5
DDRC Professional Services is committed to the delivery of high quality training and support to our clients. We pride ourselves on listening to our client’s requirements and providing cost effective, high quality solutions tailored to client needs. DDRC Professional Services operates to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System. The procedures employed conform to client and company requirements and ensure the health, safety and welfare of all clients, preventing exposure to unacceptable risk.