The Diver Medic Technician course trains participants to administer advanced medical aid and life support skills for the management and treatment of diving casualties while at pressure and during saturation diving operations. The 5 day refresher course is open to those who already hold a valid DMT Certificate and enables renewal in line with IMCA's requirements for re-certification every 2 years. The venue has been changed to the ANANTARA RIVERSIDE BANGKOK RESORT
- Familiarity with diving procedures and compression chamber operation
- Administration of advanced first aid and life support.
- Communication with the company doctor and execution of directions pending the arrival of more skilled medical aid.
- Assistance of the diving supervisor with decompression procedures and advising when medical assistance is required.
- Taking a medical history - measurement of vital signs
- Resuscitation & Administration of oxygen
- Trauma management
- Gas and fume exposure
- Management of diving illness
- Nitrogen narcosis
- Oxygen toxicity
- Blast injury
- High pressure nervous syndrome
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Hazards from medications and medical equipment
- Under pressure
- Advanced airway management
- Use of clean and sterile techniques
- Assistance in advanced airway management
- Setting up intravenous fluid infusions
- Assistance in the insertion of pleural drains
- Insertion of urinary catheter
- Suturing and parenteral administration of drugs
- Methods of casualty transfer
- IMCA (International Marine Contractors Association)
Duration and Recertification
The course is delivered over 5 days. From July 2013, the DMT certificate is valid for two years from the date of issue. A 5-day refresher course must be completed every two years (3 months prior or 8 weeks after renewal date).