11JunMon 8:30 AM - Fri 5:00 PMChichester
- £1,800.00 incl. VAT
This 10 day DMAC/EDTC med accredited course builds on the Level 1 course. On completion, the student will be able to advise diving contractors in the event of a diving accident or incident and will have a reliable knowledge of the offshore diving industry and commercial operations, as well as being able to advise on fitness to dive.
Both commercial and recreational diving accident management will be addressed during this 10 day course, using top UK experts in the field of diving and hyperbaric medicine. A variety of teaching methods will be employed as well as a site visit to a local commercial diving operation, use of skill station scenarios and a final exam to assess learning.
Core Modules: Diving Medicine Physician
- Physiology and Pathophysiology of Diving and Hyperbaric exposure – includes hyperbaric and diving physics, gas effects under pressure, and medications under pressure
- Diving technology and safety –includes saturation diving techniques, tunnelling/caisson working, dive tables and procedures
- Fitness to dive – includes fitness to dive criteria, standards, assessment and contraindications
- Diving Accidents – includes incidents and accidents, remote management, decompression illness, rehabilitation, and accident investigation
- Clinical Hyperbaric oxygen therapy – includes indications, safety, chamber techniques and equipment, patient selection and nursing care
- Practical training to include whenever possible a chamber dive to 40m, pool dive and simulated case management under pressure.
- The Level 2D qualification is delivered as a 10 day face-to-face course with no requirement to complete the RCSEd online module.
- Faculty of Occupational Medicine CPD points (pending)
Medical Degree and Completion of DMAC Level 1 Course