DMAC Level 2D - Medical Management of Diving Accidents and Illnesses (Diving Medical Physician)
Core Modules: Diving Medicine Physician
- Physiology and Pathophysiology of Diving and Hyperbaric exposure – includes hyperbaric and diving physics, gas effects under pressure, and medications under pressure
- Diving technology and safety –includes saturation diving techniques, tunnelling/caisson working, dive tables and procedures
- Fitness to dive – includes fitness to dive criteria, standards, assessment and contraindications
- Diving Accidents – includes incidents and accidents, remote management, decompression illness, rehabilitation, and accident investigation
- Clinical Hyperbaric oxygen therapy – includes indications, safety, chamber techniques and equipment, patient selection and nursing care
- Practical training to include whenever possible a chamber dive to 40m, pool dive and simulated case management under pressure.
- The Level 2D qualification is delivered as a 5 day face-to-face course (RCSEd online module must have been completed beforehand).
- Faculty of Occupational Medicine CPD points (pending)
Completion of DMAC Level 1
Completion of RCSEd online Diving Medicine Module