There are currently no dates for this event.
Register your interest now
An introduction to antimicrobial dressings and how to use them.
The course is designed to provide an overview of the types of antimicrobial dressings available, when to use them, how long for and how to apply them. It will also provide an introduction to biofilms.
- What are antimicrobial dressings?
- Indications, precautions, types, application methods, evidence and costs
- Introduction to Biofilms
- Examples of dressings will be available to look at and touch.
- Be aware of the different types of antimicrobial dressings
- To understand the purpose of antimicrobial dressings and when they are indicated
- Be aware of biofilms and their effect on wound healing and dressing choice
A DDRC Wound Care certificate will be provided at the end of the course.
The trainer will be a Registered Nurse and Tissue Viability Nurse Specialist, with over ten years of experience with complex wounds.
All trainers have completed a formal tissue viability course at degree level or above.
The cost of this half day course is £20.00.
Anyone can attend the course but it is primarily designed for those involved in regular dressing changes.