There are currently no dates for this event.
Register your interest now
An introduction to the basics of wound care
The course is designed for HCAs or those with little to no experience of wound care. It will give an introduction to changing dressings, wound cleansing and application of bandaging and basic dressing types.
- How to use a dressing pack
- Aseptic or clean technique – which is appropriate when?
- Wound cleansing
- Dressing application
- Basic bandaging
- Special considerations
- Basic dressings types
- Opportunity to practice skills as you learn
- To understand the basic considerations required when changing and applying a dressing
- To be confident when performing a dressing change
- Know when wound cleansing is indicated
- To be aware of when further support or advice is necessary
A DDRC Wound Care certificate will be provided at the end of the course.
The trainer will be a Registered Nurse and Tissue Viability Nurse Specialist, with over ten years of experience with complex wounds.
All trainers have completed a formal tissue viability course at degree level or above.
The cost of this half day course is £20.00.
Anyone can attend the course but it is primarily designed for HCAs and those with little experience of wound care.