Recreation Diver Medicals Telephone Consultation booking
A Recreational Diver Medical is not available to book direct and is available to UK SCUBA recreational divers only. Please follow this process:
- Book your Diving Doctor telephone consultation below. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to proceed. Please complete the following SELF DECLARATION MEDICAL FORM ahead of your consultation appointment.
- On completion of your telephone consultation you will either be signed off remotely by one of our diving doctors or be informed that you will require a face to face Recreational Diver Medical and the process for booking this.
- Please note if you are aged over 60, or have a significant medical condition including asthma, high blood pressure, heart problems and diabetes, then you will need an in-person sports diver medical. (If you would not wish to come to DDRC in Plymouth for this, then you may find a diving doctor closer to you via the following link: www.ukdmc.org/medical-referees).
- If after your telephone consultation the Doctor is able to sign you off remotely, then there is a £20 fee for completing the forms.
- Please note we are NOT able to give advice or sign medical forms for free-diving.
Please note the above is the only way to book a Recreational Diver Medical.Fitness to Dive advice is not funded by the NHS. DDRC is a charity and we subsidise this service, but ask for a £5 contribution.
There is also a lot of information on our 'Can I Dive With?' page.