Medical – ML5 – You need an ML5 medical report and certificate if you are: • master of a non-seagoing passenger ship (Class IV or V) • master of a commercial non-seagoing vessel • master and crew of a small commercial vessel (under 24 metres, carrying no more than 12 passengers, going no more than 60 miles from shore) • crew or other employee (like a steward, security guard, caterer) on a domestic seagoing passenger ship (Class VI or VI(A)).
MCA – The Maritime & Coastguard Agency – These are the governing body of our seafarer medicals which are the ENG1 and the ML5.
Information to note during your visit:
- You will need to bring photograph ID in the form of a driving licence or passport
- Please be aware you will be required to give a urine sample on the day
- Please arrive promptly, arriving more than 15 minutes late for your medical will result in your medical having to be re-scheduled.
- If you have to cancel your appointment, an alternative date will be offered or payment will be refunded in line with our term and conditions.
- Under data protection laws, we are unable to provide copies of medical certificates to anyone other than the named individual attending the medical. If an employing organisation requires a copy of the medical certificate(s), the named individual must give their permission by completing, signing and returning the attached Employer Medical Examination Consent Form.
Please bring any previous medical certificates or information regarding your health that is relevant – for instance recent test results or hospital discharge letters.